Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Chief Engineer to be responsible for the coordination and completion of facility projects, preventive maintenance and repairs of mechanical, plumbing, HVAC at our client site in the Plainfield NJ area.
In addition to performing repair and maintenance services, assisting the maintenance mechanics with various duties and possessing qualifications and skills as outlined for Maintenance Mechanics, the Chief Engineer also has supervisory and coordination responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Planning, organizing, training, developing and directing of the daily operation of the central plant, building utilities and building maintenance by assuming supervisory and administrative authority for the assigned service area, responsibility and accountability.
- Oversees and supervises the Maintenance Mechanics.
- Receives work orders and assigns services to the site staff; closes out work orders and prepares reports on service completed; Communicates with requesters on work order requirements and status.
- Coordinates service and repair and maintenance contractor work.
- Assists with the solicitation of quotes from contractors for various site repair, maintenance and other services.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Maintenance Manager, coordinate activities with other departments and services to insure a safe and efficient operation.
- Implement operation and maintenance of all building equipment and systems.
- Coordinates and supervises routine and preventive maintenance programs and corrective maintenance and repairs.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Maintenance Manager, implement energy conservation programs as determined.
- Implement, maintain and report inventory of repair and spare parts.
- Maintain fire protection systems and fire alarm operation.
- Provide and coordinate 24/7 emergency and service response as required.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Maintenance Manager, implement and maintain quality assurance programs, personnel training, workshops and meetings.
- Direct site operations in accordance with guidelines, codes and regulations.
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and reporting contractor work.
- In conjunction with the Facilities Maintenance Manager, act as liaison with subcontractors, inspectors, government agencies and suppliers.
- Evaluate direct report personnel performance capabilities and training on a regular basis.
- Reports to the Facilities Maintenance Manager.
- A graduate of a technical or trade school with training in mechanical systems; Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years field experience in commercial mechanical systems operation, repair and maintenance; experience with boiler, chiller and control systems. Familiarity with plumbing, electric and fire protection systems.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing and supervising building maintenance personnel.
- Ability to write well and communicate effectively, and the ability to interface well with the client, administration, and maintenance personnel and occupants.
- Ability to read and apply blueprints, specifications, operations and maintenance manuals, pneumatic and/or electric control drawings.
- Strong background in troubleshooting, operation, replacement, repair and maintenance of mechanical systems and controls.
- Computer skills required, experience with computerized maintenance management systems is highly desirable.
- Personnel are expected to aid in the development and training of skills of those less qualified.
- Possesses a NJ state boiler license/ black seal and preferably state EPA and US EPA approved universal certificate, in order to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, including refrigerants.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, drug tests and other clearances are required and performed. For confidential consideration candidates can submit a resume and application at www.elliottlewis.com EOE-M/F/D/V