Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking a Safety Director. We specialize in HVAC service, HVAC installation/construction, facilities management and crane operations. This position is responsible for overseeing the safety function for all our businesses and subsidiaries. This position is responsible for both creating the vision for and the day-to-day management of the entire safety function. This includes advancement of the safety culture, incident response, planning and training, equipment evaluation and acquisition and regulatory reporting.
- Provide leadership for the function to advance the overall safety performance within the organization.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Work with management team to implement various responses to safety issues or needs.
- Conduct or coordinate worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development
- Coordinate all required regulatory reporting, including responses to incident-specific inquiries and periodic audits.
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture
This role requires Degree in Environmental or Occupational, Health and Safety and related certification with 7-10 years’ progressive field safety experience. Certified Health and Safety Professional (CHSP) and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designations are preferred. The job requires the ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision and be able to bring strategic thinking and leadership skills to the organization. Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA) is required along with the ability to communicate with employees at all levels in the company.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package, including health and 401K plans. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks and drug tests are performed.
Interested candidates should submit an online application and resume along with salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at http://www.elliottlewis.com/
No agencies please.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled