Join a leading provider in the HVAC and mechanical service industry in Philadelphia. Elliott-Lewis is seeing a full-time Safety Coordinator to implement safety directives, improve safety performances, and ensure safety policies and procedures are aligned with appropriate regulations. Elliott-Lewis offers competitive compensation, health benefits, 401k with a company match and an excellent working environment.
The self-motivated leader will:
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards
- Investigate accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short and long term strategic safety planning and development
- Submit accident and injury reports to the insurance carrier and interact with the claim handlers during the investigation and claim management
- Conduct safety training for all employees
- Chair monthly state certified safety committee meetings
- Provide site specific job hazard analyses in conjunction with management
- Create and maintain all OSHA required logs
The position requires a degree in Environmental or Occupational, Health and Safety with a preference for 3-5 years’ progressive field safety experience. A minimum of OSHA 30-hour Construction or General Industry Safety Training is required. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional verbal and written skills and possess the ability to handle multiple assignments. Intermediate level experience with MS Office Suite required as is a thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, MSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA 70E, ANSI). The ability to develop, maintain and work with a Site Specific Safety Plan is highly desirable as is experience with corporate safety programs and policies and working with supply chain management companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Pre-employment screenings are conducted including criminal background and motor vehicle checks.
Interested candidates may submit a confidential application online at www.elliottlewis.com.