Elliott-Lewis Corporation is a leader in the HVAC and mechanical services business in Philadelphia. We are currently seeking a Safety Coordinator to be responsible for upholding and furthering the safety culture including implementing safety directives, improving safety performance through training and program implementation, and ensuring safety policies and procedures are aligned with appropriate regulations. This position would work across all divisions within the company and will be located at our corporate headquarters in northeast Philadelphia.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Facilitate a work environment that supports a safe and healthy culture
- Apply safety program management techniques to ensure compliance to federal, state, local regulations, and corporate policies
- Perform safety audits and inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards
- Investigate accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Provide coaching, guidance, and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary changes
- Coordinate employee safety programs to determine their adequacy including review of short- and long-term strategic safety planning and development
- Submit accident and injury reports to the insurance carrier and interact with the claim handlers during the investigation and claim management. Help manage return-to-work activities.
- Conduct safety training for all employees
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent experience, minimum of OSHA 30-hour Construction or General Industry Safety Training is required, GSP certification preferred.
- 1-3 years’ progressive field safety experience, experience in both heavy industrial/construction and service verticals is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervisory employees and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels through verbal and written skills.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations (OSHA, MSHA, DOT, EPA, NFPA 70E, ANSI)
- Ability to develop, maintain and work with a Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, drug tests and other clearances are required and performed. For confidential consideration candidates can submit a resume and application at www.elliottlewis.com EOE-M/F/D/V
Click here to apply for this position