Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager for our Purchasing department. This position is responsible for overseeing the purchasing department, managing vendors and sourcing equipment, goods, and services. This role creates budgets, performs strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, searches for better deals, and finds more profitable suppliers. Annual managed spend is $25M per year. It is also responsible for process evaluation and new process implementation. This role sets weekly goals as well as career goals for the purchasing team members.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing staff are meeting their personal performance standards.
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Generate and distribute accurate purchase orders
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing; monitor the effectiveness of procedures; revise and improve purchasing processes
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
Candidate must possess a BS Degree in Business Administration along with 4+ years of experience in purchasing management or equivalent. A thorough knowledge of purchasing processes and lifecycle, including skills knowledge plus the application of general purchasing best practice/theory is required. Knowledge of sourcing and vendor management. Experience with ongoing process improvement/process optimization activities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong leadership skills and proven supervisory experience are required. Must have the ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package, including health and 401K plans. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks and drug tests are performed.
Interested candidates should submit an online application and resume along with salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at http://www.elliottlewis.com/
No agencies please.
EOE – Female/Minority/Vets/Disabled