Elliott-Lewis Corporation, a leading mechanical, construction and service HVAC Company in the Philadelphia area is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join their team. This role requires the cultivation of a strong, customer-focused environment, with emphasis on driving accurate and timely payroll results, in compliance with state and federal regulations. Processes include payroll administration, payroll tax filing, union reporting, year-end filings, and various reporting. This role will demonstrate the knowledge, expertise and drive to take our payroll function to the next level.
- Process weekly payroll for union and non-union employees and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Reconciliations of various monthly bank statements.
- Preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Prepares and submits quarterly and annual tax filings, 5500 reporting and other compliance related returns; including annual W-2s, ACA and 941/940 reporting requirements.
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals, and reconciliation of payroll and benefit-related expenses and balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain and update PTO calendar.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
Knowledge/Skill/Ability: Bachelor Degree a plus but not required and 5-7 years’ related experience in payroll. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary while knowledge of MS Great Plains would be highly desirable. The individual must posses a high level of attention to detail and demonstrate understanding and experience with all types of wage support and garnishments.
The individual must have a positive attitude and be a committed team player with a flexible personal style to effectively and efficiently work with diverse personalities and work groups ranging from corporate to operations employees. The ideal candidate will have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures. The individual will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be solution-oriented and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package, including health and 401K plans along with an excellent working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Interested candidates can confidentially submit an application and resume along with salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at www.elliottlewis.com.