Elliott-Lewis Corporation, a leading mechanical, construction and service HVAC Company in the Philadelphia area is seeking a Payroll Associate to join their team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of processing weekly payroll for non-union employees and union employees for two subsidiary companies. This includes union reporting, payroll taxes and other reporting requirements as needed.
- Process and review labor hours to ensure accurate and timely processing of union and non-union payroll.
- Reconcile federal and state liability accounts to balance sheet weekly/quarterly.
- Prepare weekly and/or monthly union reports and payments.
- Responsible for payroll adjustments for work orders and job cost.
- Maintain and update PTO tracking.
- Assist with responding to unemployment inquiries.
- Assist with processing and tracking child support requirements and payments.
- Report certified payrolls.
- Reconciliation of bank statements to the general ledger as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and 2-5 years’ related experience in payroll or accounting. Continuing education and/or an advanced degree is a plus. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent customer service skills while maintaining a confidential work environment. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary while knowledge of MS Great Plains would be highly desirable. Union payroll experience is a plus. The individual must be a committed team player with a flexible personal style to effectively and efficiently work with diverse personalities and work groups ranging from corporate to operations employees. The ideal candidate will have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
We offer a competitive compensation & benefit package, including health and 401K plans along with an excellent working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Interested candidates can confidentially submit an application and resume along with salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at www.elliottlewis.com.