Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic to be responsible for all aspects of building maintenance and various facility projects at our client site in the Plainfield NJ area.
- Dismantle, install, assemble, fabricate, test, calibrate, repair, custom fabrication and maintain various types of mechanical equipment and basic building maintenance using hand tools, power tools, & precision measuring and testing instruments. May include pipefitting, mechanical, electrical, instrument, plumbing, welding, sheet metal, millwright, carpentry, boilermaker skills, masonry, rigging, calibrations, inspections, HVAC, building controls, carpentry and painting.
- Receive, inventory and store spare parts as required. Research and specify materials required to complete tasks. Identifies parts needed to maintain assigned site equipment. Maintain accurate spare parts usage log.
- Ensure operation of facility mechanical equipment by performing scheduled and unscheduled repairs, rebuilds, inspections, and routines on building systems. This includes providing proper record-keeping, especially of all safety checks.
- Serve as a support person to others by trouble-shooting equipment failures in the mechanical area in a timely manner. Perform preventive and predictive maintenance to facility equipment as needed for cost effective and efficient operations.
- Perform facility rounds.
- Provide 24/7 emergency and service response as required.
- Ensure safe keeping of company equipment by acting responsibly and maintaining in good order company issued hand tools or supplies used during performance of duties.
- Compliance and adherence to all company policies including safety, quality, housekeeping, environmental, security, etc. is required
- Exposure to hazardous materials training is required.
- Sustains knowledge, skills and abilities required for equipment maintenance including critical skills.
- Works closely with Mechanical, Electrical resources and building and client representatives for daily activities. Also work with others including other contract maintenance and assists teammates in completing tasks outside the scope of typical responsibilities.
- Maintenance Mechanic report directly to the Chief Engineer.
- Must possess certificate from approved trade school or technical institute in one or more disciplines including HVAC, Millwright, Pipefitter, Electrician, Electronic technician or equivalent field signifying successful completion of the prescribed course of study.
- Must be fully qualified with at least 3 years facilities or industrial maintenance experience.
- Must demonstrate proven performance on the job, both hands-on and academically.
- Knowledge of industrial safety, environment and good maintenance practices.
- Good understanding of equipment process control and plant operating aptitude
- High school education with above average math & communication skills
- Ability to read and understand P&ID drawings, basic computer skills including word and excel. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred to possess a NJ state boiler license/ black seal and preferably state EPA and US EPA approved universal certificate, to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, including refrigerants.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks, drug tests and other clearances are required and performed. For confidential consideration candidates can submit a resume and application at www.elliottlewis.com EOE-M/F/D/V