Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Lead Engineer to be responsible for the coordination and completion of, preventive maintenance and repairs of mechanical, plumbing and HVAC equipment at a client’s high-rise office building located in Center City Philadelphia.
- Oversight, direction and accountability for the performance, effort and quality of work of all facility maintenance employees.
- Manage and direct maintenance staff in operation, preventive maintenance and repair of mechanical and HVAC systems and assures that their performances are maintained at acceptable levels.
- Works according to the schedule prepared by the Facilities Manager.
- Recommends changes in procedures and improvements, which are beneficial to the operation of the building and organization.
- Support for and collaboration with the Facilities manager, building owner and/or assigned representatives to ensure that facility is maintained in accordance with owner’s expectations and standards.
- Responds to and resolves service calls and emergency situations or system breakdowns, initiating emergency procedures and notifying the Facilities Manager.
- Learns, understands and complies with all Company and Customer practices.
- Training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or general education degree (GED); minimum of six years of practical facilities management experience along with experience in a supervisory or management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- This position requires a Class “A” Engineers license. CFC Certification is desired, but not mandatory, but must be obtained within 6 months.
- Possess an aptitude for assessing building support functions, i.e. mechanical, plumbing, and electrical, carpentry, elevators, and fire and life safety systems.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer along with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
- Possess a working knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complicated materials and instructions and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks and drug tests are performed. For confidential consideration candidates can submit a resume and application at www.elliottlewis.com EOE-M/F/D/V