Elliott-Lewis Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for a center city high-rise office building. The ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical, written and verbal communication skills. The position requires technical knowledge in mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems. Firsthand working knowledge of CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) is preferred but not required.
- Performs assigned Preventive Maintenance tasks and complete Work orders during the overnight shift (11:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.) Wednesday through Sunday.
- Works according to the schedule and report to the Lead Engineer.
- Recommends changes in improvements, which are beneficial to the operation of the building and organization.
- Responds to and resolves service calls and emergency situations or system breakdowns, initiating emergency procedures and notifying the Lead Engineer.
- Learns, understands and complies with all Company and Customer practices.
- Training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or general education degree (GED).
- This position prefers a Class “A” Engineers license and CFC Certification, but not mandatory, but must be obtained within 6 months.
- Possess an aptitude for assessing building support functions, i.e. mechanical, plumbing, and electrical, carpentry, elevators, and fire and life safety systems.
- Possess a working knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complicated materials and instructions and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to affirmative action and diversity. Background, MVR checks and drug tests are performed. For confidential consideration candidates can submit a resume and application at www.elliottlewis.com EOE-M/F/D/V
Click here to apply for this position